Merry Moo Ice Cream [Mercato Centrale]

My family and I went to Mercato Centrale last Sunday (May8) to celebrate Mother's Day (MomMe Day) there and watch the Pacquiao vs. Mosley fight live. But what made the trip to MC even more special was that I am claiming my free pint of Merry Moo ice cream after being chosen as one of the winning bloggers in the Mercato Favorites Weekend Treats Contest.

The MC merchant that selected me as the winner was Merry Moo and I was so excited because I love their ice cream. When I found out that I won, I already made mental notes as to which flavors I haven't tried yet and what are their bestsellers.
:: :: ::
I only learned about Merry Moo during The (Mis)Adventures of Superboink: Mercato Centrale. As their standee/post says, 
(Merry Moo) uses fresh local dairy; (it) is homemade with T.L.C.; (has) unique and fun flavors; and (it) is so yummy you'll say mmooo!

It is one of my must-see, must-taste list in Mercato (after reading so much about it in magazines and some websites) and I must say they didn't disappoint. One can really taste the freshness and homemade feel of the ice cream. The flavors are indeed unique - candied bacon anyone?
As a start-up business that aims to impress and make a name, their crafting of new flavors every week or so is one way of showing they really mean business.

Their current available flavors are:
  • Sea Salt Caramel
  • Earl Grey Tea
  • Candied Bacon
  • Apple Cinnamon
  • Rum and Raisin
  • French Vanilla
  • Aztec Chocolate
  • Strawberry Basil
  • Coffee Kahlua
  • Poprocks and Mallows
  • Chocolate Truffles
  • Roses and Beets
I have tried 7 out of the 12 flavors mentioned above and my top 3 favorites (so far) are: Earl Grey Tea (Earl Grey Tea-lover that I am as I've mentioned here), Strawberry Basil (love the fresh and minty taste!) and Poprocks and Mallows (just the right sweetness for me). My nephew D loved the Strawberry Basil flavor so much he said, "Tita , when I grow up and have a girlfriend and Mercato Centrale is still here, I'll bring her here so she can try this ice cream!" (Note: D is just 11years old)
W enjoying his Chocolate Truffles ice cream
D and his Strawberry Basil 'Will Bring My Future-GF Here' Ice Cream
K carefully scrutinizing the bacon bits in his Candied Bacon  Ice Cream - unbelievable daw. haha!
I chose the Earl Grey Tea flavor for my free pint after being torn between that and Sea Salt Caramel, one of their bestsellers. The creaminess of the ice cream was just right and the tea flavor doesn't give that bitter taste non-tea lovers hate. I just felt bad that I forgot to bring my cooler with me that the texture of the ice cream changed a bit after being in a frozen-melted-frozen again state. 
Earl Grey Tea pint
inside
Pairing it with a warm Earl Grey tea for an afternoon snack would have been an overkill but surprisingly, it just proved that (+)+(+)=(+) [positive plus positive is equal to a (very)positive outcome]. The blend of the warm and cold felt good and I couldn't resist adding a turon sprinkled with cinnamon to complete the equation.

Next time I'm back in Mercato Centrale, I'll definitely try the rest of the flavors. 
Thank you Kelvin of Merry Moo and Mercato Centrale! As I've mentioned a few times already, this is an awesome Mother's Day gift.

:: :: ::
Check out Merry Moo at Mercato Centrale
their Facebook page [LINK]
A scoop costs Php70 for classic flavors and Php75 for premium flavors.
A pint costs Php270.


***Disclaimer:  I did this post because I want to - no force/ex-deal of sorts here.


Xoxo, 

Comments

ShareThis

Nuffnang Large Rectangle

Popular posts from this blog

Philippine Science High School 2013 NCE Results

Philippine Science High School NCE Application Now Ongoing

THE BATTLE OF THE CORNED TUNAS