Something Borrowed the Movie

Being not so really into movies...I mean, I am but not the type who'll go watch on premieres and that I let some really good movies to pass without me watching it...you'll rarely find blog posts here about the movies I watch(ed). The last one was Hop, and that happened to be a treat for the kiddos.
Anyway, I just finished reading Emily Giffin's book Something Borrowed, which has been on my shelf for over a year already. Last year was crazy that I wasn't even able to read books I continually hoard from bookstores.
This is my book cover. I find the pink version cuter and girlier though. =)
I took it upon myself to finish all my back-logs before buying new ones now so here I am, with stacks of books on my bedside table. I am just so happy that I was able to design a 'library' - shelves for my books - in our attic so the books are somewhat organized. I am trying to build my virtual book catalog via Goodreads but that will make for another blog post.
:: :: ::
Last night, I googled about Emily Giffin looking online for titles of her other books. I have this thing for completing books by a specific author so there. I am surprised and felt giddy (LOL!) as I read about Something Borrowed now being a movie.
Okay, so let me rephrase my first line here...I not so really into movies but I get excited with book-movie tie-ins! There, there. Hahaha!
:: :: ::
What I love about the book Something Borrowed is that I can very much relate with the character Rachel. By all means, I follow rules to a-T so seeing the heroine go after what she believes will truly make her happy despite having to go through bitching, defying rules and choosing love over friendship was like - a 'Go Girl!' moment for me. 
I think almost every girl could relate with Rachel and that sometime in our lives we met a domineering friend like Darcy Rhone and the potential true love like Dexter Thaler. 

Hay, I'll watch the movie. Though I always have high expectations on movies coming from a book (and that I get disappointed always because a lot of things in the story gets lost in translation) I am looking forward to see Something Borrowed - a breather for mommies like me. I'm ready to get kilig and all that. Haha!

Here's a video of Something Borrowed's trailer...


It is now showing in major cinemas in the metro.
The lead characters are:
Ginnifer Goodwin as Rachel,
Kate Hudson as Darcy,
Colin Egglesfield as Dex, and
John Krasinski as Ethan.
It's rated PG-13 and runs for about an hour and 55 minutes.

I'll update this post after I watch the movie alrightie! =)


Comments

ShareThis

Nuffnang Large Rectangle

Popular posts from this blog

Philippine Science High School 2013 NCE Results

Philippine Science High School NCE Application Now Ongoing

THE BATTLE OF THE CORNED TUNAS