Squid Adobo

I am actually not used to cooking squid so I had to experiment making myself some adobo-ed version.
My lola usually makes a good squid adobo (and I could've easily asked for the recipe) but for explorative purposes, I have decided to to veer away from the usual.

:: :: ::
Squid Adobo

Ingredients:
2pcs large squids (my mom just gave it to me so I'm not really sure of the weight, probably 1/4kg)
1cup water (but I just added little by little as I was adjusting the taste according to my preference)
1/2cup vinegar
1/2cup oyster sauce
1/4cup soy sauce
1pc bay leaf
dashes of salt and ground black pepper
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. grated ginger
1pc red bellpepper
oil for sauteeing


How I did it:
I first cleaned and washed the squids, cutting them into 1/2cm thick rings and patting them dry.
In a pan, I sauteed the onion, garlic, ginger and bell pepper. 
I added the squid and stir-fried it for about 1minute.
I sprinkled some salt, ground black pepper and bay leaf then added the vinegar, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
I let it simmer for about 10minutes then added the water, adjusting the taste according to my preference. (I think I still used up 1cup of water and not less) then let it simmer for another 5-10minutes until the squid is cooked but not yet tough and rubbery.
Best served with steamed rice. =)

:: :: ::

The taste was a cross between adobo and escabeche (just the right acidity) and was actually good.
Next time, I'll add some vegetables to add some crisp and texture to the dish - maybe green beans. =)


Xoxo,

Comments

ShareThis

Nuffnang Large Rectangle

Popular posts from this blog

Philippine Science High School 2013 NCE Results

Philippine Science High School NCE Application Now Ongoing

THE BATTLE OF THE CORNED TUNAS