Creamy Carbonara

M is a very picky-eater. No doubt where W got his picky-ness from. But if there's any type of dish he'd be very willing to be served any time of the day, even everyday, it would be pasta.

I take it upon myself to learn as much pasta dishes as possible so I can give him variety. Carbonara is one of the basic types I know. It's very easy and simple!


Creamy Carbonara

Ingredients:
400g pack of pasta (spaghetti/fettuccine) cooked as per package directions
1 1/2 cup diced ham
1 cup diced bacon, cooked then drained of excess oil
1 cup diced chicken meat (I used the breast fillet), boiled
1 cup sliced button mushrooms
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
1 420g canned Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom condensed soup
1 can (using the can of mushroom soup) of All-purpose cream
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

How I did it:
I cooked the pasta following the package directions then set it aside.
For the sauce, I sauteed the onion and garlic in a pan.
I added the ham, chicken and bacon.
I added the mushrooms next and mixed everything well.
I then poured the milk, mushroom soup and all-purpose cream.
If you find the sauce too thick, you may want to add some water to dilute.
Simmer for a few minutes and stir once in a while to prevent lumps.
Add the shredded cheese then stir again. Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer for about 2 minutes more then it is ready.

:: :: ::

Note:
If you're serving the dish right away, you might want to mix the cooked pasta to the sauce during the last 2 minutes of cooking. This way, the sauce wil be spread evenly and the pasta will absorb the sauce well.



Like this post? Click to Subscribe to The (Mis)Adventures of Superboink by Email


Xoxo,

Comments

ShareThis

Nuffnang Large Rectangle

Popular posts from this blog

Philippine Science High School 2013 NCE Results

Philippine Science High School NCE Application Now Ongoing

THE BATTLE OF THE CORNED TUNAS