Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Usual household chores like washing the dishes, sweeping and mopping the floor, and hand-washing clothes leave my hands in pain. I broke a couple of glassware already because my hands suddenly get numb, my fingers get stiff, and there's a splitting pain somewhere around the wrists.

Because of my medical history, I've decided to see my orthopedic surgeon to have it checked. Based on my symptoms, (which my doctor explained is fairly common) he believes I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. He asked me to undergo several tests to confirm (as it may also be arthritis) and check the extent of the swelling.

I already had my wrist x-ray done. Next tests are: EMG (electromyography) and NCV (nerve conduction velocity) -- which I am praying, would give a result that would not require me to undergo surgery or steroid injections anymore. :-(

In the meantime, the doctor gave me some pain relievers and medicine to reduce the swelling. He also told me to keep my wrists/hands in 'neutral' position always, and avoid straining.

I hope the pain and swelling resolves soon, because the household chores are inevitable and I feel helpless having a loose grip.

Sharing a photo about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome circulating around Facebook from: Facebook.com/Admin.Chengcake

---o0o---
The article you are reading now is from my blog, The (Mis)Adventures of Superboink and is purely authored by me. If you are reading this from another website or resource without my direct consent, the content must have been scraped. I would appreciate if you could let me know so that appropriate action could be taken.
Xoxo, 

Comments

ShareThis

Nuffnang Large Rectangle

Popular posts from this blog

Philippine Science High School 2013 NCE Results

Philippine Science High School NCE Application Now Ongoing

THE BATTLE OF THE CORNED TUNAS